ⓘ Noticias Telemundo
Noticias Telemundo is the news division of Telemundo, an American Spanish-language free-to-air television network that is owned by NBCUniversal Hispanic Enterprises and Content, a subsidiary of the NBCUniversal Television Group division of NBCUniversal. The news division is based out of the networks facilities in the Miami suburb of Hialeah, Florida.
The division produces a flagship nightly early-evening newscast, Noticias Telemundo, focusing on international news and stories of relevance to the networks main target demographic of Hispanic and Latino Americans. Other programs produced by the news division include morning news-talk show Un Nuevo Dia, newsmagazine series Al Rojo Vivo con Maria Celeste, and Sunday morning political affairs program Enfoque con Jose Diaz-Balart.
Noticias Telemundo maintains bureaus located at many of the networks television stations across the United States particularly those owned by parent subsidiary Telemundo Station Group, that are owned-and-operated stations of the network and throughout Latin America, and uses video content from English language sister network NBCs news division NBC News.
The history of Noticias Telemundo traces back to 1987, when the network debuted its first news program Noticiero Telemundo-HBC, a program produced through an outsourcing agreement with the Miami-based Hispanic-American Broadcasting Corporation that was anchored by Lana Montalban; following the programs cancellation, Montalban accepted an anchor position at the networks New York City owned-and-operated station WNJU, where she served as an anchor of its evening newscasts until 1992.
The following year, on March 24, 1988, Telemundo entered into a partnership with cable news channel CNN to produce two daily newscasts, titled Noticiero Telemundo CNN "Telemundo CNN News"; CNN took over production of the networks newscasts on May 31 of that year. In addition, CNN also produced an hour-long weekend news review program, Resumen Semanal Telemundo-CNN, and news briefs that aired five times per day for Telemundo. Produced at the CNN Center in Atlanta, the program was anchored by Jorge Gestoso and Maria Elvira Salazar. Salazar later left the program to become a reporter at rival Univisions news division Noticiero Univision; Chilean native Cecilia Bolocco, a former Miss Universe, was named as Salazars replacement. The final incarnation produced in Atlanta was co-anchored by Patricia Janiot. In 1992, Enrique Gratas joined the network to serve as anchor of Ocurrio Asi, a nightly newsmagazine providing in-depth stories dealing with issues pertinent to U.S. Hispanics and investigative reports.
In 1994, Telemundo launched its own 24-hour cable news channel, Telenoticias, which was operated as a joint venture between Argentinean television network Artear, Spain broadcaster Antena 3 and Reuters. The venture was not successful and the partners later sold the channel to CBS Cable in 1996, which rebranded the network as CBS Telenoticias and increased its distribution across North, Central and South America. Following the sale of Telenoticias to CBS, Telemundo entered into a content partnership with the channel to produce early-evening and prime time newscasts that would air on the broadcast network. CBS sold Telenoticias back to Telemundo in February 2000, after which the network was relaunched as the entertainment-based Telemundo Internacional.
Noticias Telemundo was founded as an in-house network news division on August 25, 1999, under the auspices of former CBS News vice president Joe Peyronnin, who served as the Telemundo divisions executive vice president until 2006. After Telemundos agreement with CBS Telenoticias ended the day prior, the network launched two half-hour evening newscasts on January 1, 2000, the nightly general news broadcast Noticiero Telemundo, which was produced out of Telemundos Hialeah, Florida headquarters; and the weeknight-only late news program Noticiero Telemundo Internacional, an internationally focused news program produced out of its new bureau in Mexico City.
In September 2000, the network launched a two-hour morning news program, Esta Mañana, the networks first national morning show entry, hosted by Jose Diaz-Balart who joined the network from CBS, where he anchored CBS This Morning prior to its cancellation and former Univision anchor Gloria Calzada. Additional news programs were created by the network in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks: Buenos Dias was replaced by Hoy en el Mundo "Today in the World" on ABC, an ABC news program focused on national and international stories anchored by Diaz-Balart and Marian de la Fuente; it also launched a companion early morning newscast Primera Hora "First Hour". Also in wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks Telemundo launched another news program that aired weeknights called "Un Nuevo Mundo, Una Nacion Unida" that aired at 7 P.M. that program was anchored by Pedro Sevcec and Ocurrio Asi anchor Ana Patricia Candiani, the show replaced a weeknight novela called "Provacame" that show was rescheduled. In 2002, the network launched a late afternoon news and entertainment magazine series, similar in format to its Univision competitor Primer Impacto, Al Rojo Vivo con Maria Celeste.
In 2005, Telemundo signed longtime Univision anchor Maria Antonieta Collins to a long-term contract, in which she would host a program for the network. The network then cancelled Hoy en el Mundo on ABC News and En la Madrugada, replacing them on October 10, 2005, with a news and lifestyle program titled Cada Dia with Maria Antonieta "Every Day with Maria Antonieta"; Collins hosted the program, with Diaz-Balart serving as co-host and also serving as anchor of another early morning news program titled Noticiero Telemundo: Primera Hora "Telemundo Newscast: First Hour", before leaving that program and being replaced as anchor by Ana Patricia Candiani.
In 2007, Telemundo discontinued the Saturday and Sunday editions of the flagship Noticiero Telemundo broadcast and Al Rojo Vivo, which were replaced with feature films and reality-based series with the move, Univision became the only Spanish-language broadcast network to carry a weekend edition of its evening newscast and the only one carrying any non-sports news programming on weekends altogether; weekend editions of Noticiero Telemundo were restored in October 4, 2014, focusing on general news, health and consumer segments, analysis of the previous weeks major stories and a preview of events occurring in the coming week.
Cada Dia was cancelled in May 2008, after Collins announced that she would leave Telemundo when her contract expired in August of that year return to news anchoring and as a result of low ratings for the program; Noticiero Telemundo: Madrugada, meanwhile, was replaced by an hour-long music and dance program that was spun off from the networks Saturday afternoon series Descontrol. The former of the two morning news shows was replaced by a new hybrid news and lifestyle program similar in format to Univisions ¡Despierta America!, ¡Levantate! "Get Up", which was initially broadcast and produced by out of the studios of the networks San Juan, Puerto Rico station WKAQ-TV. The hybrid program, which was retitled Un Nuevo Dia "A New Day" in July 2012, originally included local participation of the networks Miami owned-and-operated station WSCV from its studios in the suburb of Miramar, Florida, and bureaus located in New York City, Los Angeles and Mexico City. The show was later revamped in February 2011, discontinuing the local cut-ins and relocating its production operations to Telemundos headquarters in Hialeah.
In 2011, Telemundo debuted a half-hour Sunday morning political and cultural affairs talk show Enfoque, hosted by Diaz-Balart, marking a restoration of weekend news programming on the network outside of its weekend evening sports highlight program Titulares Telemundo; the program was expanded to one hour in January 2014.
On July 6, 2015, Noticiero Telemundo became the first national network newscast produce an entire broadcast using mobile devices. Journalists reporting for the special "Digital Day" broadcast were equipped with smartphones and tablet computers to record and transmit stories included on the broadcast, which was also streamed on Noticiero Telemundos Periscope account, incorporating behind-the-scenes footage of the programs anchors and reporters during breaks within the program.
- Un Nuevo Dia – weekday morning news and lifestyle program 2008–present
- Al Rojo Vivo con Maria Celeste – newsmagazine 2002–present
- Noticias Telemundo: Coronavirus Un Pais En Alerta - temporary name for new show due to U.S. 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic Crisis to be named
- Noticias Telemundo Mediodia - weekday afternoon newscast 2018–present
- Noticias Telemundo – flagship evening newscast 1996–present Originally titled Noticiero Telemundo until 2016
- Noticias Telemundo Fin De Semana – flagship weekend evening newscast 2001–2007 and 2014–present
Noticias Telemundo En La Noche at later date - weeknight newscast 2020-present
- Cada Dia with Maria Antonieta 2005–2008
- Ocurrio Asi 1992–1999
- Noticiero Telemundo Internacional 1999–2011
- Hoy en el Mundo 2001–2006
- Noticiero Telemundo: Madrugada 2005–2008
- Noticiero Telemundo CNN 1988–1996
- En la Madrugada 2001–2005
- Telemundo HBC 1987–1988
3. On-air staff
Current on-air staff
- Felicidad Aveleyra – co-anchor of Noticias Telemundo Mediodia
- Paulina Sodi - Un Nuevo Dia news segments anchor 2017–present
- Julio Vaqueiro – co-anchor of Noticiero Telemundo Fin de Semana
- Jose Diaz-Balart – anchor of Noticias Telemundo, host of Enfoque
Notable former on-air staff
† Indicates deceased
- Enrique Gratas later at Estrella TV†
- Pedro Sevcec now at WJAN-CD
- Edgardo Del Villar now at WNJU-TV Telemundos New York station
- named Noticias Telemundo 40 was inaugurated at the same time. On November 3, 2014, along with 14 other stations owned by NBC Universal and Telemundo KTLM
- carriage of Telemundo on digital channel 10.3. News broadcasts are produced from KFDA s facilities in Amarillo. Weekdays Noticias Telemundo a las Cinco
- July 17, 2019 Anonima August 27, 2019 Notes Rerun Noticias Telemundo 1999 Noticias Telemundo Mediodia 2018 Al Rojo Vivo 2002 Un Nuevo Dia 2008
- Telemundo Internacional is a Latin American pay television network that is owned by NBCUniversal. Telemundo Internacional carries a variety of programs
- 11: 00 p.m. newscast branded as Noticias Telemundo California was launched, further competing with KUVS. Noticias Telemundo California is simulcast on Fresno
- program hosted by Maria Celeste Arraras on the American television network Telemundo which has been broadcast on that network since 2002, replacing the long - running
- Noticias Caracol until 9 October 2007 Caracol Noticias is the name for all the national newscast from the news division of Caracol Television which
- WYTU - LD, virtual channel 63 UHF digital channel 16 is a low - powered Telemundo - affiliated television station licensed to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United
- Get Up is a Spanish language morning show which has aired on the Telemundo television network since 2008. It is broadcast from the network s studios
- and television anchorman. He is currently the anchor for Noticias Telemundo the Telemundo network s early evening Spanish - language news program as
- around her. It is produced by the United States - based television network Telemundo and RTI Colombia. This limited - run series debuted in the U.S. on December
- that was headquartered in the region Canal de Noticias NBC, a venture launched by eventual Telemundo parent NBC on March 15, 1993, was the first, as
- Digital Enterprises, Telemundo Global Studios, Telemundo Deportes, Noticias Telemundo and Telemundo Films. Previously, he served as president of Univision s
- October 9, 2018. Noticias Telemundo June 8, 2017 Investigacion paralizara la agenda de Donald Trump Noticias Noticias Telemundo retrieved October
- prepared by Noticias Telemundo to create awareness and reflection on the issues. Each episode of the series is starring notable Telemundo actors, who
- Rojo Vivo news program and joined the special investigative team of Noticias Telemundo where she won several awards for the special Muriendo por Cruzar
- Rojo Vivo news program and joined the special investigative team of Noticias Telemundo Satcha Pretto - Weekend Anchor July 13, 2006 2011 left the program
- Telemundo Deadline. 2013 - 05 - 14. NBC Universal, Press Release. NOTICIAS TELEMUNDO WINS A NEWS AND DOCUMENTARY EMMY AWARD FOR FRANCISCO IN AMERICA
- WSNS - TV, virtual channel 44 UHF digital channel 33 is a Telemundo owned - and - operated television station licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Diego. When Telemundo and XHAS parted ways, the newscasts on XHAS were renamed Noticias Ya Frontera News Now Frontera after the Noticias Ya series of
- Parejas Couples Court is a Spanish - language court show broadcast by Telemundo in which Cuban - American lawyer Ana Maria Polo arbitrates cases for volunteer
- KSAT - TV in San Antonio was available on cable. The station switched to Telemundo on October 31, 1988. It became the first all - Spanish station on the American
- to Noticias Univision as a senior special correspondent in 2011 On October 24, 2005, Edna Schmidt then the national news anchor of the Noticias al
- by Televisa in the 2020s. Gonzalez, Moises. Margarita Magaña a Telemundo y mas noticias De telenovela People en Español in Spanish Retrieved 1 November
- KTUZ - TV, virtual channel 30 UHF digital channel 29 is a Telemundo - affiliated television station serving Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States that
- otras 9 noticias de telenovela peopleenespanol.com in Spanish People en Español. Retrieved 10 December 2018. JANUARY RELOADED: TELEMUNDO KICKS OFF
- August 11, 2019. PR, Por TELEMUNDO Asesinan a hombre en urbanizacion de Toa Alta Telemundo Puerto Rico. pasa, CHV Noticias - En linea con lo que te.
- Lizeth Gallego Felix is a Mexican journalist, producer and writer on Telemundo Arizona Maritza was born in Magdalena de Kino, Sonora on October 23, 1982
- Sweet and CM newscast, Cable Noticias TV Azteca s tabloid newsmagazine Asignacion especial, as a correspondent for Telemundo and W Radio. Since June 2011
- television network Telemundo in conjunction with the Antena 3 network and RTI Producciones, while season 2 is co - produced by Telemundo Global Studios and
Users also searched:
Telemundo, Noticias, Noticias Telemundo, noticias telemundo,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →