ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 204



                                               

Rowneybury Cottage

                                               

Halden, Rolvenden

Halden is an historic manor in the parish of Rolvenden in Kent, England. The manor house was later known as Halden Place and is a Grade II listed building. It was the seat of the de Halden family until the death of John Halden without male progen ...

                                               

Hacking Hall

Hacking Hall is a Grade I listed, early-17th-century house situated at the confluence of the rivers Calder and Ribble in Lancashire, England. It is thought that J. R. R. Tolkien Lord of the Rings may have taken inspiration from the ferry here for ...

                                               

Rossall Hall

                                               

Appleby Hall

Appleby Hall was a Manor house or Stately Home built in the small hamlet of Appleby Parva, on the outskirts of Appleby Magna. A Manor was mentioned in the Domesday Book and there have been several houses on the site until the final building, a Cl ...

                                               

Gaddesby Hall

Gaddesby Hall is an 18th-century brick-built house in the village of Gaddesby, Leicestershire. It was built in the late 1740s as a three-storey house with additions of 1868. It is a Grade II listed building. It was built on the site of an earlier ...

                                               

Nevill Holt Hall

                                               

Stoughton Grange

Stoughton Grange was a country house in the parish of Stoughton in Leicestershire and the family seat of the Farnham and Beaumont family. The house dated back to 15th century but was demolished in 1926, after being a successful family home for ov ...

                                               

The Manor House Bishop Bridge

The Manor House, Bishop Bridge is located in Lincolnshire, England. 53.406°N 0.446°W  / 53.406; -0.446 The house was built circa 1849, named "Kingerby Vale Cottage" on the Deeds, originally being two farm cottages which were later converted into ...

                                               

Tothill

Tothill is a hamlet in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated about 6 miles south-east from Louth, and about 5 miles north-west from Alford.

                                               

Whitefriars, 333 High Street, Lincoln

Whitefriar or Akrills Court in the High Street, Lincoln is an important but sadly neglected timber-framed building. It now has a late 20th century shop front, but the timber-framed building survives with the southern front facing the narrow Akril ...

                                               

Bedford Hall

Bedford Hall is a late-medieval-house in Bedford, Leigh, Greater Manchester, England. It was leased to tenants by the Kighleys, absent lords of the manor of Bedford, and has been modified several times over the centuries becoming a farmhouse and ...

                                               

Bryn Hall

New Bryn Hall was built by a different section of the family. It was erected during the reign of Edward VI and was built around a courtyard and entered by crossing a narrow bridge over a moat that surrounded the property. The hall had a gatehouse ...

                                               

Buckley Hall

Buckley Hall was a historic house in Buckley near Rochdale, Lancashire, England which was the home of the Buckley and later Entwistle family. Buckley Hall was a Catholic boys orphanage from 1888 to 1947, when it was demolished; Buckley Hall Priso ...

                                               

Damhouse

Damhouse or Astley Hall is a Grade II* Listed building in Tyldesley but considered to be in Astley, Greater Manchester, England. It has served as a manor house, sanatorium, and, since restoration in 2000, houses offices, a clinic, nursery and tea ...

                                               

Ebenezer Cottage

Ebenezer Cottage, also known as The Shell House, was a domestic residence on Broad Lane in Rochdale, Greater Manchester. In 1936, its owner, retired mill operator John Halstead, began decorating the buildings exterior with various small items, in ...

                                               

Garrett Hall

Garrett Hall or The Garrett is a former manor house and now a grade II listed farmhouse in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester, England. The hall was designated a grade II listed building in 1987.

                                               

Harrytown Hall

Harrytown Hall is a former manor house situated in Bredbury, near Stockport, United Kingdom. The first hall was built in the 15th century by Harry Bruckshaw, but it was demolished and rebuilt in 1671 by John Bruckshaw, whose initials were carved ...

                                               

Hathershaw Hall

Hathershaw Hall is a 16th-17th century Grade II* listed building in Hathershaw, Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. The present structure is the single surviving range of a once considerably larger manor house. It is situated in what was the his ...

                                               

Moseley Old Hall, Cheadle

Moseley Old Hall is a small 17th century country house in Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England. The construction date of the hall is uncertain though there is an inscription carved into the doorway, reading, R.M. 1663; it is a Grade II* listed bu ...

                                               

Platt Hall

                                               

Sharston Hall

Sharston Hall was a manor house built in Sharston, an area of Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, in 1701. A three-storey building with Victorian additions, it was purchased by Thomas Worthington, an early umbrella tycoon, and occupied by the Worth ...

                                               

Staircase House

Staircase House is a Grade II* listed medieval building dating from around 1460 situated in Stockport, historically in Cheshire, now within Greater Manchester, England.The house is famous for its rare Jacobean cage-newel staircase. A state-of-the ...

                                               

Underbank Hall

Underbank Hall is a 16th-century town house in the centre of Stockport, Greater Manchester, England. The hall dates back to the 15th century and is a Grade II* listed building. It was home of the Arden family of Bredbury until 1823 when it was so ...

                                               

Allerton Priory

Allerton Priory, Liverpool, England, is a Grade II* listed building designed by Alfred Waterhouse. A house originally known as Allerton Lodge, but later Allerton Priory, was built on the property in the early 1800s for William Rutson, a Liverpool ...

                                               

Seaforth House

Seaforth House was a mansion in Seaforth, Merseyside England built in 1813 for Sir John Gladstone, father of William Ewart Gladstone who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom four times. Sir John had lived on Rodney Street, Liverpool and decid ...

                                               

Peaseholme House

Peaseholme House or Peasholme House is a Georgian building near Peasholme Green in York, England. It was built c. 1752 probably by John Carr for a carpenter named Richard Heworth. It is Grade II* listed. It has "strange rustication", with red bri ...

                                               

Houses in Northampton

                                               

Mr Straws House

Mr Straws House is a National Trust property in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom. The Edwardian semi-detached house and its contents have remained largely unchanged since the 1920s. It opened to the public in 1993.

                                               

Britwell Salome House

                                               

North Aston Hall

                                               

Priory Cottages, Steventon

Priory Cottages is a 14th-century manor house and former monastic grange which had the status of a priory at Steventon in the English county of Oxfordshire. King Henry I gave the manor of Steventon to the priory of Notre-Dame de Bonne-Nouvelle in ...

                                               

Barwick Park

                                               

Beckington Castle

Beckington Castle is a historic house in the village of Beckington, Somerset, England. It is a Grade II* listed building. It was built in the early 17th century on the site of a medieval building. It has been home to various nobility and local bu ...

                                               

Haselour Hall

                                               

Statfold Hall

                                               

Thorpe Constantine Hall

                                               

Broke Hall

Broke Hall is an English country house at Nacton, near Ipswich, Suffolk. It overlooks the River Orwell, opposite Pin Mill. The gardens were landscaped by Humphry Repton in 1794, and the house is Grade II* listed. The site was purchased by Sir Ric ...

                                               

Wherstead Park, Suffolk

Wherstead Park Mansion in Suffolk is a house of historical significance and is listed on the English Heritage Register. It was built in 1792 for Sir Robert Harland by the famous architect Sir Jeffry Wyatville on the site of an older house. It was ...

                                               

Bookham Lodge

Bookham Lodge is a gothic regency manor house in Stoke dAbernon, Surrey that dates back to the 15th Century. It was part of the Eastwick Manor estate and is close to Slyfield House that also was part of the same estate. It was acquired in 1780 by ...

                                               

The Cottage in Thorpe, Surrey

The Cottage is the oldest home in Thorpe, Surrey, and dates from 1490 when Henry VIII was king of England. Built when there was a plentiful supply of timber, it is a substantial timber framed house with brick panels and during the last 500 years ...

                                               

Oakhurst Cottage

Oakhurst Cottage is a tiny 16th or 17th-century cottage in Hambledon, Surrey, in the United Kingdom. It is a Grade II listed building. The cottage was given to the National Trust in 1954, and occupied until 1983. It has been restored to illustrat ...

                                               

Tara, Chertsey

Tara was a house on St Anns Hill, Chertsey, Surrey owned by The Whos drummer Keith Moon in the 1970s, but was demolished and replaced by a new home in 1990. The press party for the release of the Whos Next album was held at Tara.

                                               

Burradon Tower

Burradon Tower is a ruinous tower house at Burradon, North Tyneside, England which is both a Scheduled Ancient Monument and a Grade II listed building. The Manor of Burradon was acquired by John Orde in 1441 when due to the devastation wrought by ...

                                               

Griff House

Griff House is the childhood home of George Eliot, on the road to Coventry, south of Nuneaton, where Eliot lived from the age of 1 to 21. The building, off the Griff Roundabout on the A444 is now the Griff House Beefeater & Nuneaton Premier Trave ...

                                               

Weddington Castle

Weddington Castle, or Weddington Hall, was a manor house in the village Weddington, Nuneaton in Warwickshire. Evolving from a Royal Hunting Lodge in the ancient village of Weddington to become an extensive fortified Hall set amidst landscaped gar ...

                                               

Balcombe Place

Balcombe Place is a Grade II* Listed Building, built in 1856 in West Sussex, with a south view across the Ouse Valley. It now forms part of The Balcombe Estate. The architect was Henry Clutton. It was built for John Alexander Hankey, whose family ...

                                               

Beach House, Worthing

In the mid-nineteenth century, Sir Frederick Adair Roe, Chief Magistrate of the Bow Street office and head of the Bow Street Runners, Londons police force, owned and lived in Beach House. Sir Robert Loder, Conservative Member of Parliament for Ne ...

                                               

Fyning Hill

Fyning Hill is a large estate near the village of Rogate in West Sussex. It has been owned by several prominent individuals. The main house contains 8 bedrooms with 5 reception rooms. It was owned by Sir Albert Braithwaite until his death in 1959 ...

                                               

Mansion House - Hurstpierpoint

Mansion House, Hurstpierpoint is a prominent and historically significant Grade II* listed Georgian village property in Hurstpierpoint, South East England. The substantial family home is situated in the heart of Hurstpierpoint with the High Stree ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →