ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 182



                                               

Berthold Spitz House

The Berthold Spitz House is a historic house in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is significant as the citys best example of Prairie School architecture. It was built around 1910 by Berthold Spitz and his wife Fannie Schutz Spitz. Berthold was a Ge ...

                                               

D. H. Lawrence Ranch

The D.H. Lawrence Ranch, as it is now known, was the New Mexico residence of the English novelist D.H. Lawrence for about two years during the 1920s and the only property Lawrence and his wife Frieda owned. The 160-acre property, originally named ...

                                               

Dorsey Mansion

The Dorsey Mansion is a log and stone mansion built in 1878 by Stephen W. Dorsey, a controversial carpetbagging Republican who served as United States Senator from Arkansas during the Reconstruction from 1873 until 1879. The mansion is located on ...

                                               

Los Candelarias Chapel

The Los Candelarias Chapel, also known as the San Antonio Chapel, is a historic building in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The chapel was built in 1888 to serve the community of Los Candelarias, one of several outlying plazas spread along the Rio Grand ...

                                               

Los Duranes Chapel

San Jose de los Duranes Chapel is a historic building in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The chapel was built around 1890 to serve the community of Los Duranes, one of several outlying plazas spread along the Rio Grande in the vicinity of the main plaza ...

                                               

Los Tomases Chapel

Los Tomases Chapel is a historic building in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The chapel was built in the 1920s to serve the late-19th-century North Valley neighborhood of Los Tomases, and remained in occasional use in the 1980s. It was listed on the New ...

                                               

Mogollon, New Mexico

Mogollon, also called the Mogollon Historic District, is a former mining town located in the Mogollon Mountains in Catron County, New Mexico, in the United States. Located east of Glenwood and Alma, it was founded in the 1880s at the bottom of Si ...

                                               

Salvador Armijo House

The Salvador Armijo House is a historic hacienda in the Old Town neighborhood of Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was originally built in the 1840s by Salvador Armijo, a prosperous merchant who was the nephew of Governor Manuel Armijo. The house remai ...

                                               

Wagon Mound National Historic Landmark

The Wagon Mound is a butte that was a major landmark for pioneers along the Cimarron Cutoff of the Old Santa Fe Trail, a well-known settlement route connecting St. Louis, Missouri and Santa Fe, New Mexico. It is located just east of Wagon Mound, ...

                                               

Watrous (La Junta)

Watrous, also named La Junta, is a National Historic Landmark District near Watrous, New Mexico. It encompasses the historic junction point of the two major branches of the Santa Fe Trail, a major 19th-century frontier settlement route between St ...

                                               

Dofflemyer Point Light

The Dofflemyer Point Lighthouse is a U.S. lighthouse in Boston Harbor, Washington, and was one of the first in the state of Washington to be automated. It sits at the northeastern entrance to Budd Inlet north of Olympia. It is the southernmost li ...

                                               

Cornell Pulpwood Stacker

The Cornell Pulpwood Stacker is located at Millyard Park in Cornell, Wisconsin. It was utilized to move pulpwood logs into large piles so they could be sent through waterways to paper mills. The stacker operated at the Cornell Wood Products Mill ...

                                               

St Michaels Anglican Church, Surry Hills

The St Michaels Anglican Church is a church in the Sydney suburb of Surry Hills. It is located on the corner of Albion and Flinders Street and together with the adjoining rectory and parish hall it is listed on the Register of the National Estate.

                                               

Falkenstein Castle (Niederfalkenstein)

Niederfalkenstein Castle is a medieval castle near Obervellach in Carinthia, Austria. It is part of the larger Falkenstein fortification complex; while the main fortress of Oberfalkenstein today is a ruin, the lower barbican of Niederfalkenstein ...

                                               

Wolfsberg Castle (Carinthia)

Wolfsberg Castle, today also Henckel-Donnersmarck Castle, stands on a knoll in the north of the town of Wolfsberg in the Austrian state of Carinthia.

                                               

Castle Saalhof

Castle Saalhof is one of the oldest castles in the Pinzgau region. It dates back to the 11th century, when it apparently was the home of the Counts of the region. During the renovation of the facade in 2010, the oldest parts of the castle on the ...

                                               

Mittersill castle

Mittersill Castle is a medieval castle. It sits on the northern side of the Salzach valley some 140m above the city of Mittersill in the Pinzgau region in the Federal state of Salzburg, Austria.

                                               

Castles in Salzburg

                                               

Gleinstatten

Gleinstatten is situated west of the Sausal hill range, about halfway between the district cities of Leibnitz and Deutschlandsberg, and approximately 35 km to the south of Styria’s capital, Graz. Its oldest part, with the prominent Renaissance ca ...

                                               

Hohenwang Castle

Hohenwang is a ruined castle in Municipality of Langenwang, Styria, Austria. It stands on a hill at an elevation of 650 metres above sea level. The fortress, whose core dates back to the 12th century, is the symbol of Langenwang, one of the most ...

                                               

Schloss Kornberg

Kornberg Castle was first mentioned in documents in 1284. It originally served not as a residential but as an fortified complex of the Lords of Kornberg to the hungarian border. In 1308 the Lords of Kornberg sold the Lordship and castle for finan ...

                                               

Kropfsberg Castle

Kropfsberg Castle is a castle in Tyrol, Austria that stands at 526 metres above sea level. Kropfsberg is a ruined hill castle in the municipality of Reith im Alpbachtal on a towering ridge in the Inn Valley above the village of St. Gertraudi. It ...

                                               

Schlossberg Castle (Seefeld in Tirol)

Schlossberg Castle is a ruined toll castle in the municipality of Seefeld in Tirol in the district of Innsbruck Land in the Austrian state of Tyrol.

                                               

Freistadt Castle

Freistadt Castle in Upper Austrian Muhlviertel was built, together with its bergfried, between 1363 and 1398, and was used to reinforce the fortifications of the town of Freistadt. Today the castle houses the tax office and the Muhlviertel Castle ...

                                               

Schloss Ort

Schloss Ort is an Austrian castle situated in the Traunsee lake, in Gmunden, 19 kilometres from Vocklabruck, the gate to Salzkammergut.

                                               

Medicine Hat railway station

Medicine Hat railway station is a Heritage Railway station in Medicine Hat, Alberta. It was built in 1906 and expanded in 1911–1912, using red brick from Medicine Hat and sandstone from Calgary.

                                               

Napoleon Trails Gravesite

Napoleon trail system is a natural area in Innisfail, Alberta, Canada. Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the trails, and night time exploring of the trails is not advised. From 1896–1898 Poplar Grove graveyard moved to the present site, Innis ...

                                               

Municipal Historic Resources of Edmonton

                                               

Registered Historic Resources in Edmonton

                                               

Forts in the Northwest Territories

                                               

Forts in Nova Scotia

                                               

Forts in Yukon

                                               

Aurora Radial Railway Bridge Abutment

The Aurora Radial Railway Bridge Abutment is all that remains of a bridge that was built across the Grand Trunk Railway line in 1899 as part of the Metropolitan Street Railway Company which built its radial line from Toronto along Yonge Street th ...

                                               

Chalmers United Church (Kingston, Ontario)

Chalmers United Church in Kingston, Ontario, Canada is a United Church of Canada church. It is located on a unique triangular property at the intersection of Clergy, Barrie and Earl streets, immediately bordering the north-east corner of Queens U ...

                                               

Ernestown railway station

The Ontario Heritage Act designation notes that the station is "one of only nine first-generation Grand Trunk Stations surviving of thirty-four stations built along the line in an Italianate style that had already become associated with railway b ...

                                               

St. James on-the-Lines

St. James on-the-Lines is a historic Anglican garrison church in Penetanguishene, Ontario. The church is still in use today serving as the Anglican parish church in Penetanguishene for services from Easter to Thanksgiving. The church is protected ...

                                               

St. Marys Cathedral, Kingston

St. Marys Cathedral in Kingston, Ontario, Canada is a Roman Catholic cathedral. It is one of four churches located within 600m along Clergy Street.

                                               

Havelock railway station

The Havelock railway station is a former Canadian Pacific Railway station in Havelock, Ontario. It is recognized as a Designated Heritage Railway Station. The station is located at mileage 93.70 of the Canadian Pacifics Havelock Subdivision. The ...

                                               

Centre dInterpretation de la Cote-de-Beaupre

Aux Trois Couvents, formerly known as the Centre dInterpretation de la Cote-de-Beaupre, located in Chateau-Richer on the royal avenue, is renowned as a museum of La Cote-de-Beaupre by the M.R.C since 1996. It is also a part of the Route de la Nou ...

                                               

St. Charles Borromeo Cathedral, Joliette

The St. Charles Borromeo Cathedral is the name given to a religious building belonging to the Catholic Church and is located in Joliette, a town in the administrative region of Lanaudiere in the southern part of the province of Quebec. The headqu ...

                                               

Saint-Dominique Church (Quebec City)

Saint-Dominique Church is a Roman Catholic church in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. It was constructed between 1929 and 1930. In 2014, the church was added to the Repertoire du patrimoine culturel du Quebec.

                                               

Sainte-Jeanne-de-Chantal (Ile Perrot)

Sainte-Jeanne-de-Chantal is a Catholic church on the Ile Perrot to the west of the island of Montreal in the Canadian province of Quebec. Built in 1773–74, it is one of the oldest surviving rural churches in North America.

                                               

Castles in the Central Bohemian Region

                                               

Castles in the Hradec Kralove Region

                                               

Castles in the Karlovy Vary Region

                                               

Castles in the Liberec Region

                                               

Castles in the Moravian-Silesian Region

                                               

Castles in the Olomouc Region

                                               

Castles in the Pardubice Region

                                               

Castles in the Plzen Region

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →